26.12.07

7 1/2 habits

The 7 1/2 habits tutorial was a good refresher to something I've known for years. I agree that learning can take place anywhere - not necessarily in a formal classroom.

My most difficult challenge: #3 - view problems as challenges. I probably don't do this enough. Seems I get wrapped up in the problem itself and trying to find a solution that I don't take the time afterwards to reflect and learn from the problem. Maybe I'll try to change that. I guess the more problems I deal with, the more opportunities I'll have to learn. I don't think I'll go looking for problems, but if they find me then I'll view them as challenges.

My easiest challenge: #7 1/2 - PLAY! I've always loved to play. That's how I learn best. I don't think I had enough opportunities to simply play in school -- even elementary school... It was way too rigid for me. Good thing my parents allowed me to play all the time at home. I really enjoy watching my kids play and seeing how much they learn on their own. Of course, they are the brightest kids in the world.

No comments: