19.1.08

delicious, but not yummy

I watched a great video about social bookmarking. A short little video, but I learned a lot from it. I now have an account at del.icio.us. I'm not sure if I'll use it too much. I don't think I have that many favorite sites that I need to organize them with tags, but we'll see. I could see the potential for libraries using social bookmarking sites. Several years ago, I remember looking through a huge list of DIS's bookmarks. They had a lot of wonderful web sites posted, but it was too time consuming to find anything. del.icio.us must have been their solution. Oh yeah, and a little tidbit I learned from our techies in the computer room: the dot spacing in the word "delicious" that makes the word so hard to type has to do with the computer they were using (or something like that, call IT on a Saturday if you really want to know -- I think I understand what they are talking about when I'm on the phone with them, but it makes no sense when I try to explain it to others) Anyways, del.icio.us doesn't have anything to do with being yummy, like pizza or mac 'n cheese...

No comments: