19.1.08

library thing

I love this site! Library thing! Go check it out. I can really see how it would help for reader's advisory at the library, but I plan to use it for my storytimes. I've put a bunch of my favorite books to read to the toddlers into my "library" using a very simple search. Now, when I look at my library, I see all of the covers of my favorite books. But, the best part is that I've tagged them all by various themes, age levels, concepts, etc. Now it's very easy to find what I need. AND, I can also look to see other people's collections through their tags. I've found some great books to put on hold this way. I wish our library catalog could be linked to this site somehow. That would save me some more time... Wow, with all of these time-saving sites, you'd think I'd be looking for stuff to do -- BUT, my time is filled up by finding more time-saving sites....Ahhh!

Anyways, I highly recommend Library Thing to anyone who does storytime and can't remember every single book they've read in case they want to read it again.

No comments: